Monday, June 22, 2009

Answer to Prayers!

Today was our Intake with Amy to go over lots of questions and paperwork to get Max set up for his evaluation on Friday. There were questions about what his strengths were and his weaknesses, questions about things that he loves to do and things he doesn't like so much. Then of coarse there were all the legal things that I needed to sign and so fourth. We know Amy so the whole situation kind of made me feel more at ease. I felt like I could ask all the questions I needed. So now we wait for Friday to get here for Max's evaluation. Like I had said before we are looking to see if he has a 25% delay in the five areas they are checking. If he would, then we will have a therapist come in once a week and work with him in the areas he needs the most help.

In the midst of all of this I have been worried about when we can get in to see the Pediatric Neurologist. Every single person that I have spoken to have said we won't get in until early November. This really concerned me because now that we have been getting things accomplished quickly there would be a big gap of 4 months or so. This really worried me. I want to keep doing everything that I can for Max at a steady pace. Anyway, this morning I took it upon myself to call Max's Doctor and explain to him what is going on. I needed a referral from our Dr. to see the Neurologist. So our Dr. got in contact with Danville and the receptionist called me from the office. She told me that in fact it would be until November that they got Max in and they would be calling me in a week to set up an appt. I came off the phone discouraged. And again not even 10 minutes later I got a phone call. "Hi, this is so and so and I am calling to set up an appt. for Max" I was stunned! Then she proceeded to tell me that it would take until November to get him seen in Danville BUT this Doctor also just started seeing patients in Harrisburg and if you are willing I have an appt. for him on July 9th! I was so so excited so excited that I almost started to cry. This is HUGE! I kept thanking her for calling me so quickly. I kept thanking the Lord above because he is watching over us. So off we go in about 2 weeks and we are praying that this Doctor can give us some answers and what we need to do for our little boy.

God is answering our prayers...I am so thankful.

No comments: