Monday, March 11, 2013

Blessings

 Time has gotten away from me! Our Life has been Full...Full of Thankfulness, Answered Prayers and Blessings! We truly believe that the Good Lord is answering Prayers for our Max! There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not in amazement of our Son and all that he is accomplishing.  We are incredibly proud of Him!

 Let's rewind back to Thanksgiving. We started to have suspicion's that Max may have Apraxia of Speech. I wanted to look into things further for him. He was trying so hard to say things but it just seemed like something was holding him back. Up until this point Max was only using one word at a time and some sign. I looked into taking him to a Speech Pathologist and our visit was for the week before Thanksgivng.

 Max was very upset while we were there. It was extremely hard for them to test him because he didn't want to cooperate. Someone new putting demands on him doesn't always go well. It breaks my heart everytime I see him struggle. He just didn't have a good day. So, more less we had no more answers after we left than before we got there.

  In this journey I am constantly learning and being reminded that life isn't about how I want it to be! Leaving that appointment I felt discouraged. Discouraged because I wasn't sure where to go from there. I remember praying and asking God what he wanted me to do now. I have always thought that if  Max was to talk he would talk and if he didn't it was going to be ok! However, what Mom doesn't long to hear their child talk?! I know it was frustrating for our Family because Max had a hard time communicating his wants and needs BUT I had to think of how incredibly hard it was on him! We had tough days...He would cry and then I would cry because I didn't know what he wanted.

 Then, Christmas came! And what a Wonderful Christmas it was! Max literally started talking in sentences on Christmas. What a Miracle it was! Pure Joy was brought to us that Christmas because Max was talking to us! The "I love you, Mommy and Daddy's and Thank You"s and everything in between has been the best gift we could have ever received. I feel that God was teaching us to be patient and wait till it was His time to do His work. I'm not always the most patient person (my Husband can tell you) and it is something that I need to work on!

 God has done a Miracle in Max and I really believe that! We also have so many people to be Thankful for who have worked to get Max to where he is. Our Families who have supported us and most of all Prayed for Max. All of Max's Therapists and Teachers I can't even begin to describe what a Blessing each of you are! And all of our Friends who have been there for us. I just can't thank you all enough! I do believe God places people in our paths for a reason!

We still have many things to work on and difficult times are still ahead I'm sure but we are focusing on the Positives and being Thankful for the Blessings we are given!
 
~Amanda



Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

No comments: