Is it really September already??? Here we are at yet another start of the School Year. As most of you know Max has been going throughout the Summer. Which I feel is a very good thing! I think it may have been a hard adjustment for him, to have 3 months off and start back into things with that big of a break. I have gotten great reports from his Teachers and that makes me so happy!
So how are things going otherwise...well, pretty good! On the eating front we have made some improvements! However, he is having difficulty chewing high textured foods. This is going to take some time to get him there but we are making progress.
Receptively Max is extremely smart. He knows so much more than what we could have imagined. Every time his therapist or I try to do something "new" with him he already knows it! With that said he is just having difficulty getting it out! Don't get me wrong he can get his point across with plenty of other ways than talking but, right now seems to be the biggest thing. For some reason he just can't speak and for whatever reason that is, it is ok! I long for him to talk to me, but only time will tell. God has a plan and I need to trust in that!
So, how am I doing with all of this now that, it has been 2 years since his diagnosis! Honestly, I still have good and bad days. Faith in the Lord has carried me on the bad days. I am not perfect and I try my very best at doing the best I can for my Son and Daughter. People still have negative things to say or "their" opinion, on how I should do this or that. I'm not sure that will ever go away. We still struggle with certain situations when it comes to going places. Brandon and I know what he can handle and what he can't...from time to time people like to make their comments but I have learned that it's ok, if people want to talk that is fine. They just don't understand what our life is like.
Honestly, I have been wondering why the Lord picked me to be Max's Mom. There are days where I feel I fall short of being a great Mom. I am not perfect and I always wonder if I could be doing more for my children and what decision is the right one...although I may seem to have it all together, that is far from the truth. However, I couldn't be more thankful for the wonderful gift I have been given. To be a Mom is not easy, especially when one has special needs. But, I love these kids so much and as long as the Lord is with me, I know that I will be doing the right thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment