Thursday, August 20, 2009

Improvements

We had another great day of therapy today. Max is becoming more comfortable with his therapists and even gets excited when he sees them come to the door. Mrs. Musser was again so pleased with Max and his progress. I am really trying to work with him as much as I can and he is learning a little everyday. At one point she said that she could cry because of how excited she was with his progress. How wonderful is that. That makes you feel so good as a parent to know that your child is making strides in the right direction. I do really believe that the therapy is working. I think to myself at how well he is responding to things and he only has 3 hours of therapy a week. Just think what he could do with more. Max said "Car" today and now is mocking you when you shake your head. I am beyond words for how excited I am.

His occupational therapy went well also. We are still working at getting different textures in and around his mouth. Mrs. Fogle came with a blue spongebob electric toothbrush...How fun is that! She brings Max all sorts of neat things. This is for him to hold and feel the vibration and to put in his mouth. He tried it for a few seconds and then wasn't to sure about it so we are going to work on that till our next meeting.

A week from today is our appt. in Hershey. I have a bunch of different emotions running through my mind but anxious and scared are the two biggest. Please say a little prayer for us on that day.

Tomorrow is our first meeting with Ms. Leeper. We had to reschedule from earlier in the week. I will be sure to post about our session tomorrow.

No comments: