We had a busy but good day today. Both of the therapists were very pleased with Max today. I love it when my boy has good days because if he has a good day then I have a good day!
We first had Speech therapy this morning. Max was for the most part very cooperative and Mrs. Musser was very excited how Max is doing with his sign language. We are for the most part really working on a couple at a time and he has the "EAT" symbol pretty much down pat. Watching him make progress is so exciting. He is also learning how to use picture symbols(they are called PEC symbols) to tell us what he wants. Today he brought me the juice picture so I immediately went for his juice and he instantly took a drink of it. We are hoping that this lowers his frustration a bit and the tantrums start to decrease a little. I know I have said it before but, I am so so grateful for these ladies who are willing to help us along this journey. A neat thing too is that Halle is learning to sign as well and she can help her brother also.
Max also did well with his OT therapy. He is learning to chew more on different textures. Though it isn't food yet that hopefully will come. He drank out of a straw the other day which was pretty exciting. We are trying to get him to touch and feel different textures and hopefully as he feels more comfortable with things then he will be more comfortable with textures in the mouth. Day by day a little at a time he is making progress.
Our next session is on Monday with Ms. Leeper. We are anxious to meet her and to start Special Instruction therapy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
YAY BIG MAX!
Thank goodness for all of these special ladies to help Max... It's so exciting that he's already learning new things!
So glad he had two good therapy sessions and is responding well! It's so nice to *meet* you.
Post a Comment