Thursday, July 16, 2009

We' re Busy...

We have a busy day with Max tomorrow! At 9:30 he has his speech therapy with Mrs.Musser and then at 12:30 he has occupational therapy with Mrs. Fogle. Normally we wouldn't schedule two appointments in one day because I don't want his little brain to get to overwhelmed. We had to reschedule the occupational appointment because an emergency came up with our therapist. So Friday is the only day this week we could squeeze it in and he has to have it every week.

His temper tantrums are in overload and some days I don't know how I do it. Every morning I wake up and say a little prayer that we make it through the day. With Brandon being home from work these couple weeks have been a blessing because it takes some of the weight off my shoulders. God doesn't give you more than you can handle...so we will get through this.

To elaborate a little more on the last post. It was a hard day, a very hard day! I am really getting tired of people saying(and some of them are family members) that there is nothing wrong with Max. That he is a boy, he is just slow and he will talk and do things when he wants. No this isn't the case. I want to say so badly to people that spout off to come live with me for a day and you will see. Yes for the longest time I was saying this myself but things are not improving. As kids get older they learn new things...this isn't the case. When you see kids that are 10 to 15 months younger than your child doing more than your child...you ache all over because you wish so bad that he could do the same and way more. It isn't fair but this is what the Lord dealt us and we will do as best as we know how. I am finding it hard to go out anymore because people have no idea and I don't expect them to. This is hard. All the emotions that you feel. I just want to say to people if you don't know what to say don't say anything! I don't want to distance myself from anyone but for awhile it may seem that way. Max is who he is. The Lord made him how he was intended to be and that is hard to accept at times because you wish so bad that he was a typical child...but I love him the same.

Our next step in this journey is to go see a specialist in Hershey. We are in the process of filling out paperwork for that and we should have an appointment within a month. One good thing is that we are keeping busy and we don't have much down time to sit and worry.
I will post again soon...

No comments: