This journey has brought me to so many people that have been willing to help and do everything that they can for Max and our family. I don't know why God has choose this path for Max but hopefully one day we can realize why. The very first person I spoke to about my concerns had asked me if she could give my name and number to another family that is going through a very similar situation. I was very open to that because at this point anyone that has any knowledge that they can offer me would be great. A day last week I got a call and it was from a girl that I had graduated with and we were on the same cheerleading squad. I was very shocked that she had called me but then she said that her Son has autism and that Nancy gave her my number. We spent a couple hours talking and me trying to learn all I could from someone who had already been there. What are the odds? We hadn't talked since we graduated and now almost 10 years later or paths are crossing. She was very helpful.
We have a busy week ahead of us. Last week the Speech therapist called to set up our times and to get a little background on Max and what he likes. I am very anxious for this meeting on Friday. Not only will she be helping Max but also helping me to learn about things that I can do for Max. Tomorrow I need to get in touch with the occupational therapist to see when she can come in to our home.
Thursday is our big day with the pediatric Neurologist. I am nervous and anxious about this appointment all at the same time. I want answers, I want to learn and know everything that I can to help my little boy. I don't know what this appointment will hold but hopefully the Doctor will give us a lot of information.
In my free time I do a lot of research and reading to try to educate myself as much as possible. Almost everything that I have read mentions trying a diary and wheat free diet with your child. This was also in Jenny McCarthy's book. I have heard nothing but good things about it. So this past Friday I decided to take Max off of all diary products. Max loves his milk so I was a little nervous about the switch. Much to my surprise he drank the rice milk without a blink. He didn't seem to notice a difference. I was so excited about this. The big thing right now is learning what I can give Max and what I can't. Almost everything has gluten in it which isn't good. Even play-dough, baby wash and shampoo have gluten. I need to really start reading labels and being very cautious of what goes in his mouth and even what he is touching. I'm nervous about this!
Overall Max is doing well, he is still the same sweet little boy that I love!
Please keep us in your thoughts this week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment