The other day while Max's Occupational therapist was here, we had a conversation. I wanted to know about other Autistic children that she has worked with. I am always looking for more information and tend to be curious about other children, because honestly other than my Son I have only ever been introduced to a few. Since every Autistic child is unique in their own way you can't compare them because Autism is such a huge spectrum. Some children excel in certain areas more so than others but the others might be great in something else.
So anyway I was asking her about other children because the night before I happened to be looking over some pictures of Max. I can't help but think of how blessed we are that Max is as healthy as he is. By looking at these pictures I realized how thankful we are that he can look at us and smile because some parents pray for that everyday. I have learned to appreciate the small things on a whole new level. A smile in our home is huge to us!
The day I posted about the ABA therapy we were having an extremely hard day. That evening I was sitting relaxing for a bit and the kids were playing. I noticed that Max had looked at me, he stopped what he was doing, crawled up on the chair and gave me a kiss and got right back down and went about playing. In that moment I knew that even though he may not be able to talk to me...Everything is going to be ok. I had talked to a relative that has a daughter with special needs and she said "Amanda, that is God's way of letting you know that he is going to take care of you and Max". I couldn't think of a more perfect time, it is like he just knew that I needed that. That moment was so special to me just like the pictures I capture of him smiling!
Thank you Lord for giving me these special times to remember, they mean so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment